We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Jacksonville, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Hey all! I'm trying to find some ideas for outdoor wedding places that I may not have found.

Would prefer the following but all are subject to $$$ changing ideas! In order of preference:

1. On the water, or

2. Near gardens, or

3. Outdoors

I've looked into Cummer, Jax Zoo (on the trout river), Queen's harbor, Ocean Breeze (at Mayport)...

I'm willing to take someone's private home that they would be willing to rent or a beautiful garden. A park that I may not know about that has facilities and a pretty landscape, etc... all will be considered. I'm really on a small budget so that's what has kept me from pursuing the above mentioned.

I'm looking for September available dates...

Thanks in advance!

Jessie

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

How about the Dolphin Plaza at Hanna Park? Reservations: (904) 270-1560. It won't let me paste the link, but go to coj.net and search "parks" for info and pictures. It's oceanfront with a facility for a reception, but I don't know if it's any less than the facilities you mentioned. There is also the Ribault Club http://www.theribaultclub.com/index.html. You can reserve all or part of the club, depending on your budget.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Sorry, I pasted a bad link. Here it is again http://www.theribaultclub.com/index.html It might be expensive, but it is a public park. Good luck to you!!

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

First Christian Church of the Beaches has property on the ocean at Seagate and Strand at the north end of Jax Beach / begining of Neptune Beach (2125 Ocean Front which is the same street as Strand). 246-2010

Some people do the whole service on the beach. No church costs.

I agree with the other poster that the facility at Hanna Park is nice. The location is great! The building is basic and would take a lot of flowers($$)to dress it up. They rent it by the hour.

Some couples get married in 'the castle' on A1A just this side of St Augustine. It's not on the water, but it's definitely different and not especially expensive.

I've heard of couples going to some island in the Caribbean where all they do is marry people. All the hotel guests are there to get married. Guess their guests can stay at that hotel too. It's a package deal and not wildly expensive. It would be a wedding/honeymoon combo. From the pictures I've seen it looks great!!! I could get the name of the place if you're interested.

Getting married is so much fun!!! Guess that's why I've done it as many times as I have.

Spirit

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Spirit...you crack me up! Some of us (sadly enough) just need to do it more than once to get it right! Slow learners, we are.

I'm not sure of the cost, but you may also consider Kingsley Plantation. (Google it). I know that they do outdoor weddings and I think you can provide your own caterer without having to use theirs. I'm really not sure, but it's worth checking into.

Congratulations, and best wishes!

Vicki

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

I have been to a wedding at the castle it was nice.. beach right across the street . Then we went right down the street to a seafood place on the beach( spirit help me out on the name) its been a couple of years.. everyone had a great time small wedding 50 people

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

jleetw1, was that restaurant Cap's??

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Or, more likely it was Fiddler on the Green, which unfortunately no longer exists.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

I looked it was the Reef right on the water very close to the castle . Not everyone could maake it from the wedding so I guess about 30 everyone I spoke with said it was great!

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Try checking into Club Continental in Orange Park it is beautiful on the st johns river been awhile since i have been to a wedding there but the grounds are still beautiful. it is off of US 17

Florida
Level Contributor
922 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for wedding facility that's inexpensive, outdoors!

Depends on the size of the wedding...but here's a tip. The City parks are free as long as you get a permit and get the place cleaned up on your own.

Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville