We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wildflowerz4u
3 posts
Save Topic
Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

My Grandparents are stopping in town on their way North and I suggested meeting at the Landing since it is very close to the Interstate. Afterwards I realized they will have their small Shiztu with them. I can't seem to find anything on the Landing's pet policy. Does anyone know if pets are allowed there, and if there are any restaurants that allow pets in their outdoor seating area? Thank you!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

I'm sorry...I have no idea. My suggestion would be to call a couple of the places that have outdoor seating and ask them about it.

If you can't find out the answer, perhaps an alternative would be to pack a picnic lunch and enjoy it at Friendship Park or somewhere along the Riverwalk. They're also close to I-95.

Good luck!

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

Good idea sounds like a better solution

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

IDK about the Landing. But ALL restaurants in FLA that have outside seating have to allow your pet. They passed a law not to long ago so if the Landing has outdoor seating than your parents furbaby will be welcome.

wildflowerz4u
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

Thanks to those that replied. I ended up calling this morning, and I meant to post it here for others. Pets are allowed at the Landing, as long as they are on a leash, and they aren't allowed in the indoor part, unless it is a seeing eye dog. I got a few numbers to the restaurants that have outdoor seating, and only one (Benny's) said that we could have the dog, but it had to be on the outside of the fence that surrounds their seating area. I am curious about this now after reading the last poster's response about the law that was passed.

We ended up sitting on the balcony and we each ordered something from the food court. It was a lovely afternoon and it all worked out well. Thanks again to those that responded.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

I think that the law applied only to 'freestanding' establishments. For instance, there are several restaurants in shopping malls that have outside seating, but in order to get outside, you have to first go inside, where your pet is not allowed.

The law applies to those restaurants in which your pet does not have to enter the establishment, I believe.

I'm glad you and your grandparents had a nice time!

Vicki

6. Re: Are small pets allowed at the Landing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 11:23