We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jacksonville hotels

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
jacksonville hotels

we are going to veterans memorial arena for concert in june, can anyone recomend hotels in nearby location for two nights,also we would like to do some sight seeing,walking shopping ect... we have never been to jacksonville before and any info will be much appreciated.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jacksonville hotels

Two hotels I can think of are the Crowne Plaza and the Hyatt regency which are both on the river downtown and close to the arena. The Hyatt is actually right next to the Landing which has some shopping and along the riverwalk which is a nice walkway that runs along the river(you might even be able to see a dolphin or manatee). If you like mueseums there is JMOCA which is the mueseum of modern art and the Cummer. But my favorite place is called five points and its about 6 or 7 minutes away from the downtown area. It has some cool small shops and several parks near it. I hope this helped!

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jacksonville hotels

Hi jezza131,

For hotels, I would agree with the Crowne Plaza or Hyatt. In either hotel you can access the opposite side of the river by water taxi or the Main Street Bridge. If you are interested in nightlife, there are options for either hotel within walking distance.

Some points of interest in the immediate area might be the Cummer Museum and Gardens (lovely), the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Museum of Arts and Sciences, and either the north or southbank riverwalk. Outside of that, try to take a trip out to the beaches if you can (check out the Jacksonville Beach, Neptune and Atlantic Beach, and Ponte Vedra Beach forums).

There are three neat neighborhoods bordering the downtown area that offer unique shopping, restaurants and nightlife - Avondale, Five Points, and San Marco - easily reached by 5-10 minute cab ride if you haven't hired a car.

For sight seeing, St. Augustine is a must see if you have the transportation - about a 45+ minute drive from downtown and a great day trip.

This is an abbreviated version, but I'd be happy to elaborate if you need more direction.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jacksonville hotels

Thanks very much for the replies,both very helpfull,have decided on the hyatt regency.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jacksonville hotels

In addition to the above mentioned things to do, if you are into history check out Kingsley Plantation north of the city on Heckshire Drive. (nice combo with a visit to the zoo.) If you continue north on Heckshire (also called A1A north of the ferry) you can enjoy a nice drive through a couple of state parks and eventually arrive on Amelia Island and the small town of Fernandina, which has more Victorian architecture than any small town deserves.

Feel free to drop a line if you have more questions.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jacksonville hotels

I love the Omni in Jax and it's walking distance to the Landing. Just be careful @ night. Then you're close to San Marco which has awwesome restruants and night life.

6. Re: jacksonville hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 21:21