We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

I've been trying to find out on my own research and through calling the hotel if this hotel has balcony rooms. When I call, apparently, it's not the direct line to the hotel so I can't get an answer.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Hello JJ,

Yes, the Riverwark has balcony rooms. The local number is (904) 396-5100.

Spirit

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Thank you so much! YOU ROCK!

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Okay - now I'm really discombobulated! I just called to change my suite to a balcony room and they told me they don't have any balcony rooms at all in the hotel! Do you know, are there any hotels within a 5 minute walk from the Wyndam Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel that do have balcony rooms?

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

JJ,

The Crown Plaza has balcony rooms overlooking the St. Johns River and is about a 5 minute walk from the Wyndham. Also, if you're willing to walk a little further, I would recommend The Hyatt. They do not have balconies, but sliding doors open fully with a railing so you can enjoy the view. It is a 10- 15 minute easy walk across the Main St Bridge from the Wyndham.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Hello again,

Sorry about that bad information I gave you. I called the hotel and the man I spoke to said they had a few rooms with balconies!

Spirit

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Here I am again.

Being disconcerted about getting faulty information from the hotel personnel this morning when I called, I called them again. They tell me they have about 14 rooms with balconies and they are on the 4th and 5th floors. They must have meant they didn't have any rooms with balconies available for the dates you wanted that kind of a room.

Spirit

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

I can't thank enough for all the work you are doing to get this information for me. Can you tell me the number you called because when I call I am not connecting directly to the hotel - wherever it is that I am calling, it's like the main reservation line line that's somewhere else. They have told me twice that there are no balcony rooms at the hotel. Not that there aren't any available (like they are already booked) but they are non existent. The number I am calling is 904-396-5100 - are you dialing something different? Thank you so, so, so much. I really appreciate all of your time and effort.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

Hi JJ,

I've been calling that same number, (904) 396-5100, however instead of pressing "1" for reservations I have been ignoring their instructions and pressing "0" for the operator instead. Try that. Very likely pressing "1" (or whatever it is) routes your call to their national reservation number.

Spirit

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

JJ,

396-5100 is a good number. When you call and press 1, I think you are connected to centralized reservations. If you press 2, you will actually speak to someone at the hotel. I spoke to Sheena at the front desk and she said only the suites have balconies. I also looked at their website and the description of the suites states they have balconies. The prices online are from $315.00 to over $600.00.

All rooms on the riverside at the Crown Plaza have balconies, and I'm sure they are less costly. It is a 5 minute walk down the riverwalk from the Wyndham.

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel

OMG!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!! I just called the number, pressed #2 instead of #1 and got to talk to Sheena!! I now have a suite w/ a balcony thanks to you!!! You just made my day and my visit this weekend perfect.

Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville