We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando and my husband and adult son are giving up one of their Universal days to drive up & back for a football game.

The game is Panthers Vs Colts Thursday,Dec 18th, 8.15pm. They are wise men and will be barracking for the home team.

What they need are very clear and specific instructions of how to get to the stadium and where to park, hopefully within walking distance. They will be driving back to Orlando after the game.

Also what time should they leave Orlando?

Appreciate your help.

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

My god...I got my cats mixed up. Shows how much I know about American football. Sorry all you Jaguar fans.I hang my head in shame.My husband & son are going to think this is hilarious.

Go Jags!

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

It's an easy drive to the Stadium from Orlando. It will take about 2 hours. I4 east to I(% North. Get off at the Forsyth exit (right after the Fuller Warren Bridge) and go straight, follow the signs to the stadium. Parking is all along that route. And...GO JAGS...lol

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

Hi Kobe,

To get to the stadium inJacksonville...

-Take Interstate 4 east to Interstate 95.

-Take Interstate 95 north to Exit 350 which is marked "Main Street Bridge" / "Prudential Drive"

(Stay to the right for the blue Main Street Bridge as you get off on this exit - but don't stay so far to the right that you go down the Prudential Drive exit. And don't stay way to the left as you get onto the exit because you will go over the Accosta Bridge instead. Directions are well marked but come up fast.)

-Go across the blue Main Street Bridge to the traffic light and turn right on Bay Street. (Don't take that exit to the right immediately beyond the bridge.)

-The stadium is about a mile down. There is lots of parking available in the stadium area.

It's very easy to get to the stadium. Presume you will look at it's location on mapquest.com .

The drive from Orlando takes at least 2 hours under normal conditions but on game days there is a mob of cars the last couple miles before the stadium. Don't know how much time you should allow for that.

Spirit

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
291 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

Since they will be leaving on a business day, I would allow 3 hours to get to Jax from Universal Studios. Traffic will be bad getting out of Orlando and it tends to bottle neck around that area. Also, the Colts game will be a big one, and if they want to be near the stadium, I would get there no less than an hour before kick off, as they will be spending time in traffic once getting downtown. Parking is plentiful around there.

Have a great time! GO JAGS!!

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

Thanks everyone.

As far as the parking goes can you just drive up to any of the car parks or are some of them pre-reserved.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
291 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

The pre-reserved ones are closest to the stadium. The rest have signs out with the price to park and someone standing next to them taking money.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

Another option for you on your way into town would be to take one of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority express game buses to the stadium. These buses operate from a couple points around town. You would catch it at Butler Blvd and Phillips Highway (7020 Phillips Highway). Buses run continuously starting 2 hours before the game and return for an hour after the game. $12 per person, roundtrip. The bus drops you off close to the stadium. The bus trip would take about 25 minutes under normal traffic conditions, longer with traffic delays.

To get to the pick-up point from Interstate 95 heading north, you would get off Interstate 95 at Exit 344 which is Butler Blvd. You can only go east from that exit so you would have to turn around and go west for about a mile to the point where Butler Blvd ends at Philips Highway.

Jacksonville Transportation Authority (904) 630-3100

8. Re: We have the tickets, now how do we get there? Go Panthers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 22:24
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville