We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9A a Good alternative?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
309 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
9A a Good alternative?

We frequently find ourselves going through Jacksonville on trips and use I-95 going North to south or vice versa. But it is a pain, always has construction and bad traffic.

I'm aware of I-295 but that seems like it goes out to far west, but I also noticed 9A...is this a good alternative when I-95 has rush hour traffic or am I going from the frying pan into the fire if I take this route?

Any opinions? Thanks.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,387 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9A a Good alternative?

Sure, try 9A. It's a good alternate route.

You're right, 295 would take you out of your way..

Spirt

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
289 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9A a Good alternative?

You are not likely to hit bad traffic on 9A, but I think it's just as much out of the way as 295. I'd say try it and see, you can always go straight through on your way back.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,782 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9A a Good alternative?

I'd be surprised if 9A is very much longer. In any event, it's not designated as an Interstate highway for obscure bureaucratic reasons, and is overall a newer, better-engineered highway than 95.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9A a Good alternative?

If you are travelling through Jacksonville going Northbound or Southbound, 9A is the best route. There is not much traffic and mostly fast moving traffic. I highly recommend 9A.

Happy Travels.

5. Re: 9A a Good alternative?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville