We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jax cool bars, clubs, any nightlife??

Milwaukee
3 posts
Save Topic
Jax cool bars, clubs, any nightlife??

Visiting Jax solo in March, and looking for recommendations to unique bars, music clubs, and restaurants to visit. May move here in a year or so if I like it.. Gotta leave Milwaukee weather and dorkdom.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jax cool bars, clubs, any nightlife??

It depends on what you like. I've listed just a few restaurants/lounges and a few events for March.

The Casbah of Avondale - Cafe, Caberet, Hookah Lounge...3628 St. Johns Avenue, (Avondale area) (904) 981-9966 www.thecasbahcafe.com

Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine - Jacksonville Beach - 2400 South 3rd Street (904) 241-7697 www.roysrestaurant.com (Zagat surveyed, 2005)

95 Cordova -first floor of Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine - Cobalt Lounge

Ocean60 - restaurant - wine & martini room

60 Ocean Boulevard, Atlantic Beach,

(904) 247-0060

Crush Bistro - 3630 Park St. (Avondale)

(904)381-0909 www.crushbistro.com

The Grotto - wine and tapas bar - 2012 San Marco Boulevard, (904) 398-0726 www.grottowine.com

Events: March...

1 - Bonnie Raitt

2 - Bill Cosby

7 - The Mikado

9 - Jerry Seinfeld

10-12 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance show cars

20-26 The Player's Championship , TPC Sawgrass

Tell us more about what you like and what age group you prefer and we'll be able to give you some better suggestions.

Weather in March should be nice (60's) but it's not uncommon to have a bit of cooler weather. Check a 7-day forecast before you come. (Although, NOTHING like Milwaukee weather...!)

I (and others on the site) will be glad to answer any other specific questions you have. Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville