We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

Hi we will be arriving in Jacksonville around 9pm on a weeknight. We can go further towards Middleburg or continue on Rte 10 on our way to Sarasota. We don't have to stay in Jacksonville itself. Any recommendations for a decent-nice hotel (nicer Hampton, Embassy Suites, W hotels, Marriott etc) that would be a good stopover. It would be great if it was close to a downtownish area - somewhere we could stop the next morning for coffee/breakfast that wouldn't be fast food and/or if it has a GREAT pool for the next morning/midday. Anyone know that route?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
62 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

Right off I-10 is the Riverside/Avondale area of town. It is near downtown, but more importantly is near some really great restaurants,shops and museums. The only place to stay is at a B&B, but there are some really good ones that aren't too outrageously priced. Try Riverdale or Inn on Oak Street. If you choose this route, you won't be disappointed.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

Hi L.T.,

There are lots of hotels in the Jacksonville International Airport area, and you will be coming right past the airport on I-95. One of them that has a swimming pool is the Crowne Plaza JACKSONVILLE AIRPORT / I-95N, 14670 Duval Road, Jacksonville, FL32218. Telephone: (904) 741-4404 It's located in the southwest corner of I-95 and the airport Exit #363. The airport area is 20 minutes north of downtown Jacksonville There's a Denny's restaurant across the street from lthe hotel.

Pick up a hotel coupon book when you cross the state line into Florida. Lots of the airport hotels have coupons in that book.

Drive carefully!

Spirit

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

Or, go 30 miles south of Jacksonville on I-95 and stay overnight in Saint Augustine. Have you been to Saint Augustine?? It's definitely a neat tourist destination! But don't just stay overnight, stay there two nights! It's a long drive from Washington. You'll deserve a break. (Interstate 4 is much better now than it used to be, now that it has been widened.)

Spirit

4. Re: Looking for hotel on way to Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 21:14