We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't stay here!!

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Topic
Don't stay here!!

I flew into Jacksonville and drove to Tallahassee and back. My daughter and I decided to stay over in Jacksonville, as we waited for our plane. Well...I wish we would have slept in the SUV!!!. This hotel decieves you. On the outside, it looks modern and up to date. Once inside the rooms, it looks like a room from the 80's!! The TV is no bigger than 20 inches and positioned in a weird place over top of a cabinet. There was no actual furniture...everything was connected (closet, desk, no chair) and there was this weird middle table between the beds that looked like it was falling off the wall! And those weird mirrors that spand the entire wall of the room. I thought it was a two way mirror!! Very Creepy!!! The sheets had holes in them. My daughter and I were scared to sleep in the bed. We ended up laying on top of towels positioned over the quilt and slept in our clothes. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't stay here!!

Hey, it's June 2006 and I'm in one of the rooms at this hotel. There are no weird mirrors, there's real furniture, the TV is a 22" mounted on top of a dresser. There is a kitchen, bathroom with a closing door, closet (also with a door), a chair in the corner and a table with two chairs to sit and eat a meal. I know that other rooms here are like this because you can see into them when the guests have moved out and the crew is cleaning them. There's an elevator and onsite laundry too. I don't know what place the lady stayed at, but I can't see how it was here.

The carpet was dirty when we checked in and they came and cleaned it the next day. That's good service, add to that the great price... high speed internet included, HBO included, dishes and pots and pans included, AND weekly housekeeping and I'd highly recommend the Suburban at St John's Bluff.

I looked around at some of the other extended stay hotels in the area (including a new one that opens in a week) and you don't get the same value for the money. My only wish is that it had a pool... on the other hand, the beach is only a few miles away so who needs a pool anyway?

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't stay here!!

Dear Nadine,

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience. I hope that this one hotel doesn't turn you off of Jacksonville forever! I'm sorry, but did you mention the hotel in your post? I didn't see it.

If you ever get the opportunity, please come back and let us show you that Jacksonville can be a lot of fun with a lot to offer. There are no doubt some hotels that can be terrible and it sounds like you ended up with one. Here on the forum, we can steer you to places that you will most likely enjoy and find to be more appropriate. We're always happy to answer questions and give advice; telling you where to consider and what to stay away from!

I just wanted to respond to your post and apologize as a Jacksonville resident for your bad experience.

Hope you give us another chance!

Vicki Floyd

3. Re: Don't stay here!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville