We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining, traveling around Jacksonville

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
dining, traveling around Jacksonville

I'll be in Jacksonville next week for a family event. Because of schedules etc, I'll be staying near/at the airport and will have a car. Any suggestions about restaurants in the vicinity; I really don't care for chain places and would like to get a taste of local specialties. I don't mind driving a little distance.

I will also have an afternoon to myself-any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jane

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: dining, traveling around Jacksonville

I am back from my trip - thanks to all who shared their ideas with me. We ate at the Black Sheep - loved it. We did get to Jacksonville beach also - very nice. Thanks, Ben, about the gas station near the airport - we filled up there on our way back from the cemetery - it was one less thing to have to worry about.

We went to the Veterans Cemetery for an interment (sp?) ceremony - what a beautiful, peaceful spot - a tribute to those who have seved.

Thanks again,

jhgrady

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: dining, traveling around Jacksonville

Glad you had a nice trip! Black Sheep is fantastic. Love their rooftop. Come back and see us.

13. Re: dining, traveling around Jacksonville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville