We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Fun

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vero beach florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Fun

I am coming to Jax Sunday Dec.8th to entertain my 19 yr old grandson. Would Riverwalk be

best place to go?? And would the Wyndam Hotel there be best choice.

Thanks You.

Joyce.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Fun

If your grandson lives in Jacksonville, he can lead you around.

If he doesn't live here, and doesn't know Jacksonville, suggest you take him to Jacksonville Beach.

Is your grandson staying in a hotel too? He would definitely be happier staying at Jacksonville Beach.

What kind of 19 year old is he? Wild and crazy? Studious and serious? How long will you be spending with him? Three hours? Three days? We need more information about both you and your grandson.

Spirit

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Fun

Hi Joyce,

Spirit is right - we need a bit more info about what you and he enjoy. The Riverwalk is not really too entertaining. Other options would be more fun.

Vicki

vero beach florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Fun

He is fun college student. Somewhat serious. We have. Just sunday afternoon and dinner together. A really fun dinner place with Good food. Would be nice also

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Fun

Go to Riverside. Walk 5 Points, Park & King, Stockton Street, Memorial Park, Riverside Park, etc. Then, drive over to Avondale and have dinner at one of the many good restaurants there. I recommend Orsay or Biscotti's. Black Sheep is great too (that's in 5 Points).

vero beach florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Fun

Thank you so much. Now. Where to stay. To do all that ?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Fun

I'd stay at one of these places (proximity to Riverside-Avondale is what I'm interested in. Incidentally, these hotels will give you access to Historic San Marco as well):

1) Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown Southbank

2) Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

3) Omni Jacksonville Hotel

4) Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Fun

I think Ben has the right idea. The Riverside area is a lot of fun, although most of what you will see there will be cool (funky, edgy) shops and the parks. If he's not into little shops, this may not be his thing. Another couple of restaurants that we like in this area are 13 Gypsies (very small place - small plates/tapas) and Pele Grill. The hotels mentioned above are only about 10 minutes or so from this area.

Enjoy that special time with your grandson!

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Fun

Hello Joyce,

I would take my 19 year old grandson to the beach where people more his age go.

Stay at the Seahorse Oceanfront Inn in Neptune Beach if you can still get a reservation there. seahorseoceanfrontinn.com There are some good restaurants right there: Flying Iguana (MesoAmerican menu and some outdoor seating), Mezza Luna's bar area (Italian food), Sliders (fish, etc. and outdoor seating). These are fun restaurants with good food, and they are not expensive, boring places.)

If you can't get into the Seahorse, stay in Jacksonville Beach at The Best Western bestwesternjacksonvillebeach.com , Quality Suites qualityinn.com , Hampton Inn hamptoninn3.hilton.com , Courtyard Marriott marriott.com , or Casa Marina casamarinahotel.com . All these hotels are right on the ocean.

The weather is supposed to be in the high 70s later this week. There will be activity on the beach like people walking, running, playing with their dogs, surfing, kite boarding, wind surfing, paddle boarding, etc. Go for a walk on the beach, talk with your grandson, do some people watching, be part of the action there. And have a nice dinner.

Spirit

Edited: 02 December 2013, 04:02
vero beach florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Fun

thank you everyone so much

10. Re: Sunday Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18