We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

Will be visiting the Ponte Vedra area in late September with my husband. Am celebrating a birthday while in the area....would like to get some recommendations for a nice dinner, casual lunches as we are unfamiliar with the area.

We like seafood, italian, southwestern....and of course, my husband loves a great steak!

Thanks!

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

-Aqua Grill has been a long time favorite of folks who live here. They serve mostly sea food but have a good menu that also includes other things. Resort casual dress would be appropriate in this restaurant. The atmosphere is one of gracious relaxed dining. It’s in the Sawgrass Village shopping center which is on A1A. (904) 285-3017

-Barbara Jeans’s is on the Intercoastal Waterway. Sit inside, or outside on the deck over the water with a view of pristine, undeveloped Florida vegetation. From AIA take Solano Road west. It becomes Roscoe Blvd and the restaurant is at 15 South Roscoe Blvd. (904) 280-7522

-Lulu’s is also out the same road as Barbara Jeans. Lulu’s is a lively bar that has food. It has a screened in area in back near the Intercoastal Waterway. From AIA take Solano Road west. It becomes Roscoe Blvd and the restaurant is at 301 N. Roscoe Blvd. (904) 285-0139 Lulu’s is more casual than the other two.

Hope you'll have time to visit St Augustine while you are so near!

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

Spirit--thanks for the info! And...I know nothing about St. Augustine...what should we see and do....and where should we eat and possibly stay there?

LittleMissBuffett

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

Ponte Vedra is residential. There are a couple golf courses, and the beach... if you can get to it. The Ponte Vedra Inn ($$$$) is on the ocean. There's also a Marriott ($$$$) which is way inland.

If you don't have to spend a lot of time in Ponte Vedra, I would suggest you stay in St. Augustine where there are things to see and do, and good restaurants to go to. And it would be cheaper. St. Augustine is half an hour south of Ponte Vedra. Check out the St. Augustine tripadvisor forum for hotels and bed and breakfasts .

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

When you're in St. Augustine, what to do depends on what you like. Beaches, museums, dining, shopping? Tell us what you enjoy doing and we can give you some suggestions for St. Augustine. There are loads of things to do there, so I'm sure that you'll have no problem keeping yourself busy!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

Hi- I will be staying in Ponte Vedra Beach, but am planning a day trip to St Augustine. Is there a good place to go, like a market or area with shops, that sells goods made by local artists/craftsmen? Possibly in the historic downtown area?

6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations in Ponte Vedra Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville