We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Near Airport

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dining Near Airport

Driving down from Jeykll Island and have an afternoon in Jacksonville before our flight on a Friday. Any suggestions for dining near the airport for a late lunch/early dinner.

Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Near Airport

*push*

"Near the airport" isn't an overly pleasant area. Actually, most of Jacksonville's crime occurs in that part of the town. Maybe some locals can help and tell more?

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Near Airport

Hello Princess,

In the airport terminal there is a food court and a coffee shop/grill.

-Between Interstate 95 and the airport there are restaurants like Denny’s, Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday, and a couple hotels with restaurants, etc.

-Twenty minutes south of the airport is The Landing on the river which offers some restaurants with nice views. At Hooters you can sit outside. *At the end of the Landing nearest the blue bridge is a restaurant with microbrewery that looks good. It has recently changed hands and has a new name which I can’t remember. The menu looks good but I haven’t tried it yet. There’s a city parking lot partially under the blue bridge at this same end of The Landing.

-*On the south bank, across the river from The Landing, is the River City Brewing Company which has good food and a nice view. Lots of free parking. 835 Museum Circle. (904) 398-2299 Both this restaurant and The Landing are between the blue Main Street Bridge and the Acosta Bridge but on opposite sides of the river.

*These two are my recommendations.

Enjoy your trip!

3. Re: Dining Near Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2007, 15:36
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Near Airport

Airport Road has a few chain options such as Millhouse, Long Horn, Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, and Denny's. The Clarion Hotel right on airport property has a restaurant with really good food, but it is pricey. The Budweiser Brew house in the airport is okay too.

If you're looking for Jacksonville "originals" I would head 20 minutes downtown to the Landing and eat at the Cellar Grille. The Riverside/Avondale area has a plethora of options.

The Brick, Biscotti's, Mossfire, Crush and a few others are really good, (the Brick being my favorite).

5. Re: Dining Near Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville