We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

Hi all,

I've read the posts regarding the Holiday Inn Express and it does sound great. I've also been looking at the Best Western Lincoln can anyone give me som first hand info on this hotel ?

Level Contributor
35,969 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

We have a home in Astoria so we don't require lodging, but I will say that the Holiday Inn Express is much newer than the BW Lincoln. The Holiday Inn Express is also on the trolley run which would be very convenient for you.

Based on on location and the newness of the property, I would go with the Holiday Inn Express. When are you coming to Astoria?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

The HIE is nice. I've stayed there on many occasions for as many as 5 nights in a row. It's a newer facility, so very clean and modern. Many rooms have wonderful river views. Some have fireplaces. I rate it very high on my list.

Nacogdoches, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

Go with the Holiday Inn. Really nice rooms and a good location. Be sure to get some cookies when you check-in. Have fun!

Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

Geez, I kinda wish you all had posted a tiny bit sooner !!

I have booked with BW - basically because of availability AND they take my reward miles. It did have some good write ups here too, so hopefully will be find for our needs. We will be in Astoria the last weekend in June for two nights - will use this for a base to see Astoria an travel down to Cannon Beach. I was actually looking for a BW a little further down the coast towards Cannon Beach but this seems to be the only one in the area. But if you know of another BW along the way please let me know. I am stuck with BW due to the now purchased mile rewards, but I can stay at any one.

thanks bunches for all your help !!

Level Contributor
35,969 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

Hi, there is the Best Western Ocean View Resort in Seaside, about 20 minutes from Astoria and 10 minutes from Cannon Beach. This property is located right on the prom and has oceanviews from the back rooms. We haven't stayed there since we have a beach cottage in Seaside, but the I will say the property is in an excellent location, maybe this would work better for you! :)

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

I agree with the Holiday Inn Express. I believe the BW Lincoln is by Safeway. If that is the same one I am thinking about, bring your ear plugs for the very loud seals! I would suggest asking for a room facing the road versus the river at the BW if the noise of the seals will bother you.

Level Contributor
35,969 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

The Safeway has re-located down by the Comfort Suites now. I stopped by the Best Western Lincoln Inn and looked around a couple of days ago, rooms are standard, there is a nice indoor pool there and the breakfast room was spacious, the lobby area is nice and looks up-to-date. Rooms are going for $159/night now which is a little high for the quality of hotel this is. :)

8. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2008, 03:23
9. Re: Best Western Lincoln or Holiday Inn Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 09:20