We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Closures

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, OR
7 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Closures

I'm having a hard time finding a place to notify Trip Advisor of this, so I figured that I'd put it here in hopes that travellers will see it.

Both Wacky Jacki's and Cafe Uniontown are no longer. While it is sad to see them go, Astoria is still full of great restaurants to please the taste buds.

Level Contributor
34,742 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Closures

Hi, yes it's always sad to see places you like close. :( The Bridgewater Bistro is a new place in Astoria that we very much enjoyed, have you been there yet? :)

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Closures

I miss the Cafe Uniontown, the food and service were good and Sunday early evenings the Uniontones played traditional jazz. Anyone know if the Uniontones are still together and where they may be playing?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Closures

What you can do is post a review of them, then just state that they are closed. TA will then check it out and remove them from the listings. I did this with the La Serre restaurant in Yachats.

Astoria, OR
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Closures

As of December John Jacob Waterfront Grill is also closed. I've put that information in this and the other two restaurants, and await their removal.

Level Contributor
34,742 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Closures

Too bad, we enjoyed a very nice dinner here in October. We dined there many, many times when it was Pier 11, long ago. I thought the place was doing pretty well, they had some really good Smoked Salmon Linguine when we were there. :(

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,876 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Closures

SkeeterFeeder ( love that screen name )... this is good and I agree with half-Brits advice, to post it as a review..let TA remove these places from the listings.

Now and then a visitor will recommend a restaurant in Oregon that is closed , sometimes for years! . .we all just have to keep up with things and correct the mis-information.

Thanks for posting this!

Astoria, OR
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Closures

Sorry, should have reworded that comment of mine. I've posted reviews on all three properties stating that they have been closed. Not sure what will happen from there, though.

It was nice to be able to sit in the back yard tonight and watch the eclipse and listen to the frogs without also having to donate a unit of blood to the skeeters. Maybe another month before I'll have to resume running to and from the house.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,876 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Closures

Skeeter, do you find the skeeters are worse in Astoria ( being by a river) than say Cannon Beach ( being by the ocean) ? with that ocean breeze also?

I grew up in the South..I am now living in Argentina..skeeters seem to follow me.

One of the many things about living in Portland that thrilled me...no mosquitoes!!

Enjoy the skeeterless weather :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Closures

On a related subject ... I just sent in a "review" of the Nye Beach Hotel in Newport, which was demolished this week. My title was "Nye Beach Hotel is torn down". So will see what happens there, also.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Closures

SkeeterFeeder, just checked the Astoria restaurant reviews ... and all the restaurants you mentioned are no longer there. Poof! Gone with the wind, lol!

I just re-read your second post about John Jacob Waterfront Grill, that's too bad, as we had an excellent dinner there last fall. However, being former restaurant owners, we did wonder how they kept the doors open, as they were not busy at all that night .... :-(