We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train, Bus Fare prices from Seattle to Astoria

Glasgow, Scotland
4 posts
Save Topic
Train, Bus Fare prices from Seattle to Astoria

My Friend is currently over in the USA working just now, he is in Vancouver. I am a Gonnie's fan like him and he is planning to go down to Astoria for a Goonie's siteseeing weekend. He doesnt drive, so im looking for any info on how he can get there. He asked me this:

this place is hard to get to!

it looks like there is no bus there. i can get a portland bus and get off at longview but from there it looks like i have to hitchhike! No Way...ill get shot hitchin in the usa lol.

see if you can find a way to get to astoria from seattle for me!! if i can get there without hitchin i will do it.

Can anyone help me with this? Costs etc would be appreciated!!!!

Astoria
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train, Bus Fare prices from Seattle to Astoria

You might want to check with Amtrak train. They go to Portland, then from there you take the Amtrak bus to Astoria. It arrives once a day around 8 p.m. at the Vistor's Center (Chamber of Commerce) and departs at 8 a.m. Hope this helps you out.

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train, Bus Fare prices from Seattle to Astoria

Hitch hiking would be interesting to say the least...

Definetly check with Amtrak buses-

Also might want to email the local Astoria transit district they might be able to help you figure out how to get there from Longview/Portland. http://www.ridethebus.org/

If you have to take public transit, you might spend half your weekend getting there- is there any way you could rent a car? Unfortunetly as you know, USA does not have good public transportation.

3. Re: Train, Bus Fare prices from Seattle to Astoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 14:16