We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
662 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

I got a new job!! I get a week off between my old on and my new one, so the better half and I are planning a road trip. Will we be able to find places to stay on the Oregon Coast sept 10th-15th without reservations? Car camping, without RVs nearby, would be our fist choice. Clean low-end hotels our second choice. Part of the joy of this trip will be the freedom, we don't want to be pinned down by reservations.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,810 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

By "car camping" do you mean tent camping?

All State Parks accept RVs of course. If they have electrical hookups there will not be generators running. I assume this is why you stated "without RVs nearby"?

Nearly all the coastal towns have older, smaller motels and they fill up last. I would not worry about not making reservations ahead of time, as long as you don't leave it until late eveing.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
662 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

Yes car camping as opposed to backpacking or RV-ing. Tent, car, drive up to campsite (or walk in 100 yards).

This must be a regional thing-- when I first moved to Seattle I still just called it "camping" then realized I needed to differentiate from backpacking. So it became "car camping."

Thanks.

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

You should be fine winging it that time of year. Here in Seaside are several budget-friendly hotles. www.seasideor.com September is a beautiful month on the northern Oregon Coast! :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,810 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

>>September is a beautiful month on the northern Oregon Coast! :)<<

Will you be extending your visit here through the end of Sept, syrahgirl? How nice. You usually go home early in the month, don't you?

5. Re: Are reservations needed Sept 10th to 15th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 06:15