We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
77 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

I'm planning a trip this summer to Astoria and Mt. St Helens in either early July or mid-August. We'll be driving from the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm interested in Astoria because of the history and natural beauty. We have three kids, ages 10, 13, and 15, all good hikers who enjoy the outdoors. I'd like to stay somewhere for 3-4 nights where we can hang out and not have to drive very much (but still do some hiking, time at the beach, etc.). I'm considering Cannon Beach, but is that too far from Astoria? Or can we do Astoria as a day trip? Or should we just stay in Astoria or closer to Astoria?

I'm also looking for recommendations for where to stay for Mt. St Helens (I realize there is another forum for that, but thought I'd throw that out there).

Level Contributor
34,236 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

Hello and welcome! Feel free to start a new thread if you have specific questions about Astoria. Happy planning! :)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

I agree with thrumylens. Seaside is no more congested than any other town of its size along the north and central coast. And it is probably the best place to stay if you have kids. Plenty to do, wide beach and central for taking day trips.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

;-)

24. Re: How many days in Astoria area and where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 16:15