We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining near BWI--help!

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Dining near BWI--help!

other than the airport restaurants, are there any good dining options near BWI? I would prefer not to drive into Baltimore proper for lunch and would like to stay near the airport as closely as possible.

thanks!

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

*bump*

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

i can't believe no one knowledgable has answered you!

i can't help a lot. we DO usually spend the night down there any time we have an early flight....we stay at the comfort inn suites ? i guess it's called, which has an independent restaurant attached to it, called "the rose".

it's probably not the best food available in the area, but it's ok...by the time we get checked in, usually around 8 pm, we just want a relaxing supper with a few drinks & sometimes some excellent people watching (best on weekends in the bar). i don't know that i'd recommend it to you for lunch, though....decent but not worth going out of your way for.

supposedly G & M has good crabcakes but lacks ambience...i hope someone who spends more time in the area will step up to the plate, so to speak

Baltimore
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

G&M if you like crabcakes - definitely!

There's a Mexican place that's pretty good as well - Los Portales. It's on Aviation Blvd.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

You have lots of options near the Arundel Mills Mall. Also most of what you will find are chain restaurants.

Also try:

-Key West Bar and Grill

-Timbuktu: they have seen better days but last time I went it was decent although some people are saying they aren't as good as they used to be.

-Chevy's Mexican restaurant.

-G&M

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

thanks for the input everyone!

On a tip from a friend who is more local than I am...ended up going to the Ram's Head Tavern in Savage, Md. It was an easy 20 minute drive. the food wasn't that bad.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

and the beer would have been good! i've never been to that ram's head...didn't even know it was there! but i've to the annapolis & rehoboth ones.

glad you found something!

7. Re: Dining near BWI--help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:19