We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak Rental/Day Trips

Auburn, IN
2 posts
Save Topic
Kayak Rental/Day Trips

Staying at the Marriott Waterfront 9/22-9-26. Is there anywhere close that rents kayaks and maybe even day/evening trips? If Inner Harbor not a good place, where would you suggest that is close? Had a hard time finding a website to assist with this. Intermediate level kayaker.

Thanks!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

I know that there used to be a place on the Harbor that rented kayaks but I don't know if it's still in business.I looked online and found this for you. They don't seem to have a web site so you'll have to call to see if they are still in business.

Kayak Tours

710 E Fort Ave

Baltimore, MD

21230-4725

Phone: (410) 576-0774

That being said, we've had a series of fish kills in the Inner Harbor recently. I wouldn't go in that nasty water for love nor money!

Auburn, IN
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

Thank you very much for the water quality heads up. I never thought to ask that. Maybe I'll have to travel a bit then. Can anyone suggest a place to go other than the Inner Harbor?

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
999 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

-Quiet Waters State Park in Annapolis rents kayaks, as does Piney Run County Park up in Carroll County.

-River and Trail Outfitters from Harpers Ferry--a little further away--offers quite a few different trips.

I agree, it's hard to find info on kayaking in Md. Try searching the Chesapeake Gateways site--they have some links to other local places and water trails. Good luck!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

I had forgotten about Quiet Waters State Park- I've been there (rented a canoe).It's really nice.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

By the way, Quiet Waters is in Annapolis about 3 miles from the city center, (about 30 miles from Baltimore). It costs $5.00 to enter the park and you can rent certain watercraft for an additional fee. It is located on the South River, which is a tributary of the Chesapeake Bay. There are many coves to explore and can be a nice trip if you stay away from the main channel. I would stay away from kayaking in Baltimore Harbor or in the Patapsco River in general. It's just not very clean, many wakes created by the water taxis, and very industrial.

Don't know if they are still around, but you may want to try www.ultimatewatersports.com, 410-666-wind. They are located near Gunpowder Falls State Park and offer lessons and rentals in a beautiful area of the bay, not too far from Baltimore.

6. Re: Kayak Rental/Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 21:20