We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hillsborough, NJ
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Help

Planning a trip to see a yankee/oriole game and trying to find a hotel. The inner harbor is just to expensive. Any recommendations for a nice hotel near the light rail so I don't have to drive into the city?

I have reservations now at the Westin BWI Airport but I can change them.

Also how late does the light rail run. Its a saturday night game in August.

Thanks

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
693 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help

You might try looking north of the city, around the Maryland State Fairgrounds; there are several options. I believe the Fairgrounds has a website with such info. It is on the light rail. The website for the latter is www.mtamaryland.com

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help

Have you really looked for a downtown hotel, Brookshire, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton? You should be able to find a place for under a hundred dollars in the Inner Harbor. I can't believe it is more expensive than a Westin at the airport. Although using the light rail to the airport or Timoniuim is an option, you would have a much better "Baltimore" experience if you stayed downtown.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help

If you still have no luck with a less expensive hotel in downtown, I would recommend Hunt Valley. Sits right on the light rail and has a alrge shopping and restaurant complex there. Wegmans, some national chain places like Damon's. It's a very safe suburban area. But as previous writer states there is nothing like staying downtown and going to some of the pubs/bars before and after game.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,181 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help

"You should be able to find a place for under a hundred dollars in the Inner Harbor. "

Supply and demand. There are not going to be too many 100-dollar rooms in the Inner Harbor area on a summer weekend when the Orioles are playing the Yankees. But, with the lack of business travlers on an August weekend, there are probably plenty of bargains to be had at hotels around the airport.

spasternack, it would be helpful if you would post your budget for the hotel. "just to (sic) expensive" doesn't really describe the budget.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help

Spasternack,

Read my hotel thread. I just got the Westin BWI for $85 a night on Hotwire. I can help you with Hotwire if you aren't familiar with it.

The Westin is listed on Hotwire in the Airport BWI zone, as 4*, with the following amenities: Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Business, Restaurant, Internet Access.

6. Re: Hotel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 22:19