We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

My wife and I are excited to be making our first trip to Camden Yards this spring and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for grabbing a few beers before and/or after a game?

We will be there for an afternoon game and then the following night as well. Any help is appreciated and I promise not to cheer too loudly against the Birds...

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

I'm interested in the same info as you. I am taking a group and it's the first visit for everyone. I can't wait.

I've also vowed not to cheer against the Orioles. We will root for the Sox, but not at the Orioles' expense. You have to hold in high regard a team that fostered and supported Cal Ripken, Jr. and also one of my old faves, Boog Powell. Speaking of Boog, is his spot a good place to grab a bite?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

I would suggest The Wharf Rat for drinks before the game. They have a variety of microbrews on draft as well as bottled beer. You night want to hold off on grabbing a bite until you get into the stadium. Boog's BBQ is heaven and you can usually find Boog there signing autographs until the game starts. After the game I've seen a lot of people gather for drinks at Shula's, located in the Sheraton Hotel.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

agreed...boog's is superb - you'll be able to tell by the wonderful smell, YUM!

& btw...would that all visiting fans from northern territories had your lovely attitude!

Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

Thanks for the advice. Can't wait for the season to start.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

The Wharf Rat does have a good selection of beer but tends to get very crowded before games.

For a true Baltimore experience - I would suggest visiting Federal Hill before the game and grabbing a beer at the Cross St. Market. This is a Baltimore institution and gives you a true "taste" of Baltimore and it's locals. If the Market is not your thing there are many pubs within a one block radius you can choose from. You can walk from Federal Hill through the lovely neighborhood of Otterbein to the stadium.

That evening I would venture away from the Inner Harbor and visit Fells Point or even Brewer's Art on North Charles St (about 1 1/2 miles north of the Inner Harbor attractions).

Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

Thank you for your help Federalhillgirl, truly appreciated. Hopefully we'll be able to try out both recommendations between the two days that we are in town (hit both the crowded ballgame crowd and the local pub scene).

CT
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

It's a bit of a hike,but Max's in Fells Point has 72 beers on tap along with hundreds more in bottles. We love it.

Annapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

From a former Row-dilandah. I can't help you with beers. But, if you want a nice meal on the evenings you are here, there are lots of good choices within an easy walking distance to both stadiums. Taxi's are easy to get if someone in your party can't do the walking...

1. I would suggest staying away from the Inner Harbour area for food. The restaurants tend to be very crowded and, too often, the food is only mediocre.

2. Close by is Luna Del Sea. We have been there many times and the seafoood is always fresh and the service is good. We've eaten there on an O's game day and it was not too crowded.

3. In Little Italy, about a 10-15 minute walk, is a long-time favorite, La Tavola, for excellent Italian and good service.

4. Also in Little Italy is Aldo's. Much more expensive but absolutely incredible!

5. A 15-20 minute walk will get you to Blue Sea Grill. Good food, cool atmosphere. Great service.

6. If you feel more adventurous and want to wander a bit further by taxi, try Neo Viccino, Pazo, or Red Maple. Good food and great atmosphere.

Have a great time!

Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

Thank you for the advice, appreciate the help!

10. Re: Best Place for Beers or Food Near Camden Yards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 23:16