We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond Va
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

We're spending the night in Baltimore next Friday on the way back from Atlantic City and it is our 10th anniversay. I've read about 2 or 3 good seafood restaurants but would like some info from the experts! We are staying at the Renaissance. The restaurants I've seen mentioned are Legal Sea Food, Obrycki's and McCormick and ... can't remember. Give me good ideas for a nice anniversary dinner.

Dartmouth
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

We just got back from Baltimore and had a wonderful seafood meal at Moe's Seafood at the Wharf.

I wood recommend that you make reservations early. Most places were booked for the evening by 4:00 pm.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

stay w/ McCormick & Schmick���s

worth it for the 10th , alittle pricey but you get what u pay for

congrats also..........

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Go to Moe's...we make a special trip once a year just to eat there, and bring your appetite!

Burlington, Vermont
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Moe's near the warf was OUTSTANDING. Might be one of the best seafood meals I have ever had. Very filling, top-notch service, reasonable prices, and excellent food. I will definately go back whenever I visit Baltimore.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Please get away from the Inner Harbor and see some real Baltimore. Kali's Court in Fells Point has some of the best seafood you will ever have and is not duplicated ad nasueum in every large tourist city. Mamas on the Half Shell in Canton is great but takes no bookings, so you may wait but you will have fun and the food is great.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Don't forget the Black Olive in Fells Point as well. It's expensive, but really good:

http://www.idestudios.com/ishow/blackolive/

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Ditto on Black Olive and Kalis Court. They both are great restaurants that serve excellent sea food. Kalis Court is my fave. Roys is also good with a Pacific influence.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Kalis Court is good and I also really like Johns Stevens in Fells Point (although it is not as fancy as Kalis Court). You can get to all of these from the Inner Harbor by taking either a water taxi or a regular taxi.

If you want something you can walk to, go up to Federal Hill (just walk up Light Street, probably less than 10 mins walk from your hotel) and try Corks, which is very nice: http://www.corksrestaurant.com/default.asp

DO NOT go to Obryckis - it is a nightmare. If you want crabs, try LP Steamers (go to the roofdeck) or Nicks Fish House (if you have a car).

new jersey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

Our funds are limited. how are the prices at Mo's?

Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Seafood Restaurant Recommendation

If your funds are limited, then The Black Olive might be too expensive. Nick's is really good and only a short drive from the harbor. I also agree that you should get away from the Harbor and go to Fells Point or Canton or Federal Hill for dinner.