We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nine hours in Baltimore

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Nine hours in Baltimore

We have one day next Friday - from about 10:30 to 7:30 - to explore Baltimore. I'd like most of it to be outdoors if the weather prevails. What are some great "don't miss" areas? I'm not much for the tourist traps, but would like to see some great architecture, maybe some historical sites, a nice easy walking tour, etc.

Any unique shopping or unique neighborhoods, local pubs, great seafood, waterfront dining, etc.

If you're a local - give me your "insider" favorites!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We are supposed to be picking up a rental car in the morning, but I'm wondering if we can get around easier with public transport than trying to find parking downtown, and pick up the car later in the day?

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
691 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nine hours in Baltimore

You could start at the Inner Harbor, where you can visit the USS Constellation; adjacent is the National Aquarium. From there you can take the water taxi to Fells Point, a beautiful seafront neighborhood with many fine restaurant. The water taxi will also take you to Fort McHenry, where Francis Scott Key was inspired to pen the Star Spangled Banner.

Here are some websites:

www.baltimore.org

www.godowntownbaltimore.com

The Water Taxi - www.thewatertaxi.com

National Aquarium: www.aqua.org

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nine hours in Baltimore

i think you'd like Mt. Vernon too.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~jlehnert/welcome.html

Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nine hours in Baltimore

Maybe Hampden for part of the day? It kind of personifies Baltimore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampden,_Baltimore

4. Re: Nine hours in Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:18