We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cross st or lexington market

harrisonville mo
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
cross st or lexington market

My wife and i will be arriving at camden station on a Tuesday. We would like to experience one of the markets and get some crabcakes from Faidleys or Nicks. Which market do you suggest for a one time visit? Is it safe for us to walk to both of these markets from Camden station? Thanks Mark

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cross st or lexington market

Where are you coming from that you're arriving at Camden Station? MARC train from DC?

Anyway, I think Lexington Market is a much better experience than Cross Street. It's far bigger, for one. And Cross Street doesn't have Berger Cookies. :)

Safety? You're in a big city. Behave yourselves. :)

No flashing money, no walking around looking lost, don't talk to random strangers, don't follow random strangers down alleys.

harrisonville mo
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cross st or lexington market

Yes we are arriving on the Marc train from DC. We are visiting DC and thought a day trip to Baltimore would be nice. We will be returning on the Penn line. Mark

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cross st or lexington market

I have to say I liked the crabcake I had at Faidley's. BTW, you can eat it standing up at their tables or get it to go and go upstairs where there is a seating area. We went to the seating area. From the Camden station, you can take the light rail about 3 stops to get to the Lexington Market. At the light rail stop for the market, there are signs pointing the way.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
764 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cross st or lexington market

Definitely Lexington Market. Cross Street Market is a neighborhood kind of place - very cool, but not even close to the Lexington Market experience - IMHO. Sometimes - especially on a Sunday afternoon, I feel like an intruder in Cross Street - where the locals are all hanging around the seafood bar, tossin' back a cold one. Is it just me?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cross st or lexington market

Absolutley Lexington Market!

Faidley's crab cakes are definitely worth any extra effort. They generally fry them but you can get them broiled too which I feel brings out more flavor (and it's healthier). Pay the extra few bucks and get a lump crab cake instead of a backfin cake so you can truly enjoy the sweet crabmeat.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cross st or lexington market

Ok - yes you can tell I'm a bit biased. I do think that Faidley's has better crabcakes, but if you are looking for all around experience (including your walk) I vote for Cross St Market. Nick's seafood is awesome especially the sushi. And you can get Berger Cookies at Big Jim's deli (also in the market).

The walk from the station will take you along quaint residential streets and you can also visit the many boutiques and shops along Charles St.

7. Re: cross st or lexington market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:17