We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DCA to BWI Holiday Inn Fri Night

NorthWest
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
DCA to BWI Holiday Inn Fri Night

I need to get from DCA to BWI Holiday Inn late on a Friday night. I arrive 9:45 pm. It appears, but I can't quite fully tell, that I can catch a metro to union station and then a marc train to BWI station.

Does the Marc Train go directly to the BWI airport? If not, how far away is it? If not, are there regulated taxi's for the station to the airport?

I'm assuming the best way to get to the hotel is via BWI hotel shuttle.

Any help in clarifying this would be appreciated.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DCA to BWI Holiday Inn Fri Night

The "best way" IMHO is to have a chauffeured limousine take you from DCA directly to your hotel. Next up is a taxi ride (about $80).

But presumably cost is an object, and that's why you mention MARC. The last MARC train out of Union Station is at 11:45 pm and you'll need to catch the Metro between the airport and the train. There's also a 10:45 train, but that might be tough depending on if your plane is on time and the speed with with your luggage appears.

The MARC/Amtrak rail terminal is a few miles away from the BWI airport terminal with a free shuttle bus connection. I'd call the Holiday Inn to see if the shuttle can pick you up at the train station. Or you could take the BWI shuttle bus to the airport and I'm sure the HI shuttle can pick you up from there.

Pasadena, MD
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: DCA to BWI Holiday Inn Fri Night

A taxi from the MARC station will be about $5-$6 only because it is a short distance and they will want to make it worth the trip. If you call the Holiday Inn when you arrive, they will send their shuttle to pick you up at the MARC station.

3. Re: DCA to BWI Holiday Inn Fri Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:18