We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Crab

United States
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Best Place for Crab

I want to get some Maryland Blue Crab and do not want to go a restaurant.

Do the look grocery stores (Giant, etc) have a good fresh selection or are there local seafood stores that I can get some?

I will be in the Towson area.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Crab

Do you want steamed crabs or crab meat? Crab meat you can find packaged at local grocery stores - backfin is better than claw meat.

For crabs - I'm trying to think what's up there for takeout... Captain Trey's and Gibbys are on York Road in timonium (just north of towson). Gibby's might also have the meat packed up as well, they have a little deli area.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Crab

Wegman's in Hunt Valley has great fresh seafood. They sell fresh crab meat and also make a good crabcake on premises.

3. Re: Best Place for Crab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 07:18