We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the best crabcakes?

Durham, Connecticut
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the best crabcakes?

I COMPLETELY trust the advise I have gotten here over the years, so help me out folks. We have been going to Phillips Harborplace Restaurant for years and have loved it. But I recently read a lot of mixed reviews of it. So, where can we get the best crabcakes in/around the Inner Harbor? We're driving down Friday (from CT) and returning Tuesday (9/8) and want to stop for yummy crabcakes on the drive north. Where shouls we go?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are the best crabcakes?

If you are driving on 95, the best crab cakes in the world are G&M - G&M is convenient to 95 but the atmosphere is nothing to write home about - www.gandmrestaurant.com/

In the city, I like Mamas on the Halfshell in Canton, and Dudas in Fells Point. I've been hearing good things about the crab cakes at the grill 700 in the Marriott, but i've never been there.

The lexington market crabcakes are also really good, but the area is a little sketchy. If you want the market experience, I'd go to Cross Street market in Federal Hill- they have crab cakes too.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,680 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are the best crabcakes?

I'm an annual (twice a year) tourist to the Baltimore area and very picky about crabcakes. Agreed, with Shannon, on G&M. See the website she provided.

Another (nearby G&M) place to get awesome lump crabcakes (also away from the Inner Harbor, so you have to drive) is Timbuktu in Hanover. Once you've had crabcakes at both of those places, you can't eat any others. They've spoiled me, big-time.

http://www.timbukturestaurant.com

Similar to G&M, the Timbuktu "ambience" isn't romantic or anything like that (G&M is like a cafeteria and Timbuktu seems like an old roadhouse), but the crabcakes are the very best in both places. My biggest problem with both of them is sometimes there is no place to park, especially at G&M.

I'm returning to Baltimore next month and hope to visit both places.

3. Re: Where are the best crabcakes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 05:17