We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

TScout54
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Good morning! I am headed to Baltimore in June with my husband's family. We are traveling with my 4 and 2 year old daughters. We have tickets to an Orioles game, but just starting to plan beyond that. Any suggestions for little ones this age? How is the Aquarium?

Also, we are staying at Pier 5. Anybody got anything to tell me about that hotel? Is it in a good location and is it a nice hotel?

My mother-in-law planned the trip and I just don't have that much info from her!

Thanks for all your help!

Leah :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Go to left side and click Pier 5 hotel. There are 179 reviews.!

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

sorry, go in to Baltimore hotels and click Pier 5 Hotel. Should give a good idea of whatever question or concerns you have.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

I've never been to Port Discovery, but it might be a good fit for those ages. Also, our Baltimore zoo has a children's section that (i think) is very unique. It has tunnels, and other features that let the kids pretend they are in the animal habitats - pop up out of tunnel to see what life looks like from the groudhog's view - hop over the marsh on lily pad steps like a frog, etc. I haven't been in a while - you might check their website to see the status of things. Last couple years have been tough on their budget. Also, if you want a place to let them run and play in the grass, Fort McHenry is grand on a pretty day - a kite is a good diversion here, as well. Feed the ducks at the inner harbor.

Edited: 19 March 2010, 18:19
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Hi --- your post made me smile as, when I go to Baltimore, I'm *the mother-in-law* who plans the Baltimore outings and I live 3,000 miles away!

Your hotel is in a great location --- never stayed there but walked by many times.

You didn't say how long you were staying. That would help us help you. Make sure to contact the Baltimore Visitor's Center at the Inner Harbor as they have volunteers there who seem to know everything. We always stop by there first. Also, from meeting some of those great volunteers every year, most of them have grandchildren and might be able to give you some tips.

Just walking along the Inner Harbor offers so much visual stimulation with the boats on the harbor. Also, the flowers should be hanging from the lightpoles then --- everything is so colorful. Great place for strolling.

One suggestion, only from personal experience in taking little kids to baseball games (and since I'm taking my 19-month old grandson to an Orioles game --- his first baseball game --- in September), assuming you're taking the kids with you to the game. Kids usually like to dress up so get to Camden Yards early and take them into the store and buy all sorts of O's gear so they can really get into the game.

Have fun. Speaking as a regular tourist there, Baltimore is a great place to vacation. So many possibilities.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Nice hotel

Nice location.

Check to see if there is a concert at Pier 6.

Even though bringing girls, if they like trains the B&O museum is great.

also harbor cruises and/or water taxis

Fort McHenry- too young for the history but great place to run around.

Daytrip to annapolis/ Naval academy.

With kids that young, trying to suggest all the outdoors stuff assuming weather cooperates.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
874 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

If you are in Baltimore on June 6 you can head over to the left side of Pier 5 and check the Hall & Oats concert. 6.6.10! The day Hall & Oats rocked the harbor.

http://www.piersixpavilion.com/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
654 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Aquarium would be good.Also Science Center with the IMAX- check schedule on line for movie times. B+O Railroad Museum is good as mentioned. Port Discovery also. Water taxi .

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Kids will love the auarium..We are old and we loved it too..:)

TScout54
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

Thanks everyone! We are really excited about this trip and reading these posts has made me even more so!

Marley - We will be flying in on Tuesday morning and flying back out on Friday afternoon, so that is what our time looks like.

I teach English and am interested in seeing the Poe House and visiting his gravesite. Is the Poe House worth it?

Thanks!

Leah :)

10. Re: June trip to Baltimore.....Got some questions......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Baltimore