We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

Heading to Baltimore w/ my husband and 5 year old sons. We are definitely going to an Orioles game and the Maryland Science Center. Any other suggestions?

Thinking of the pirate ship: Urban Pirates in Fells Point I think. Any thoughts on that? Has anyone gone on it?

Also considering riding the B&O RR but i've heard mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

Love B&O Railroad

Also museum of science, harbor paddleboats or ride on pride of baltimore, water taxi, ft mchenry, constellation, other boats including submarine by the inner harbor, Aquarium, street performers by Inner Harbor, cross street market, to name a few things for kids.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

the geppi museum at camden yards might be fun....museum of popular culture, full of toys, comic books, etc. dating back to the 19th century. and, admission is SUPER cheap on game days!

Edited: 04 June 2010, 03:26
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

Port Discovery Children's Museum; an interactive museum that your kids will LOVE!!

http://www.portdiscovery.org/#home

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

I have never been on the Urban Pirate (I don't have kids), but every time I run past it, it looks like a blast! All of the "crew" are dressed up, and they sing songs and there are "cannons" that people can shoot (really just water guns) on the sides of the boat. I think it would be ideal for 5-year-olds, and it also gives you a chance to walk around Fells Point, which is always fun too. Enjoy!

5. Re: Kid Friendly Things to Do in Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 05:16