We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which inner harbor Marriott

Boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which inner harbor Marriott

I am going to DC for a weekend, and flying out of BWI early Monday morning. My plan was to stay in Baltimore (Inner Harbor) Sunday night to be closer to the airport. I was going to use my Marriott points, but I am unsure as to which Marriott to stay at. The Marriott Waterfront and the Courtyard are in a different area than the Springhill Suites and Residence Inn, which is a better location for walking to the inner harbor and restaurants? I would be coming in from DC on Sunday using public transportation, can you also help me with that. It appears that on Sunday Amtrak would be my only choice, is that correct? Thanks for the help!

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

My pick would be the Marriott Waterfront. The Residence Inn, though close to the Gallery and Inner Harbor, are set more in the business district. The Marriott Waterfront is on a promenade that juts into the harbor. You can walk this brick promenade all the way around the harbor. Nice restaurant - McCormick & Schmick's right next door, and beautiful views to boot. Very close to all the restaurants in Little Italy, too.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

Agree Marriott waterfront is nicer but other Marriott by ballpark is still convenient to harbor and easier to leave town from on an early Monday.

Boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

We have a 8:30 fight I was thinking of takings cab (thought I saw it would be about $30.00 + tip) so if I am not doing the metro to the airport would the waterfront Marriott be my best choice?

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

Really - either one is ok. I like the Waterfront because it feels like it's kind of in a downtown "resort area" . They're just a few blocks (1/2 mile maybe?) apart - not a big deal in cab fare, but would make a big difference if you were trying to cart luggage to the light rail stop.

Boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

Thanks for your help, I booked the Marriott Waterfront. One more question, I will be arriving Sunday from DC using public transportation. If I take the green line to Greenbelt metro, what connection would I take to get me to the hotel? Again, thank you!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,897 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

"If I take the green line to Greenbelt metro, what connection would I take to get me to the hotel?"

If you choose to go that route you will have a very long trip. The B30 Metrobus leaves Greenbelt Metro and goes to BWI Airport. From there you would have to make your way to downtown Baltimore by taxi or light rail. Once in downtown Baltimore you'd have to walk or taxi to your hotel. Or look into the new Circulator bus in Baltimore. It's free but I'm not sure how close it gets you to the Marriott Waterfront.

Unless you're really on a tight budget I'd take Amtrak from DC to Baltimore and cab or bus it to your hotel from Baltimore Penn Station. The route you have planned is going to take you several hours.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

On Sunday, take Amtrak to Penn Station. Take the Purple route (which just started running this week) Circulator Bus down to Pratt St and catch the orange line Circulator which drops you off at the Marriott. The orange line would take you back to the light rail BUT because of construction on Lombard, it is running very slow (just took this last week) so if you insist on staying at the Waterfront -which is the nicer hotel- then take a cab to the airport or plan accordingly.

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

8. Re: Which inner harbor Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 08:17