We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
8 posts
Save Topic
Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Hello,

Thanks for reading and considering offering me some advice. I am looking for several things: romantic activities to do, a great, but reasonably priced place to eat, and most important a great place to pop the question! One weekend this month will be the day that I ask my girlfriend the big question.

I need help, as I haven't lived in the area long. I would also consider suggestions within 50 miles of Baltimore.

Thank you for helping me create the best day of our lives!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Hi,

I replied to the query you posted on the DC board too.

If you are looking for a place in Baltimore, try McCormick and Scmick's. Fabulously fresh seafood, great service and decent prices. They have valet parking available as well as a parking lot next door.

They are right on the water so you could go for a nice romantic walk after dinner along the harbor and pop the question there.

Best of luck!

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !

What age range are you in ? Are you looking for something with a great view , food or privacy ?

My husband and I are in our mid 20s and like to go out for romantic evenings, so we've been to a couple nice places in Frederick and Baltimore. Here are my suggestions :

Baltimore :

Rusty Scuppers - Downtown w/ beautiful view of the water.

Peices - In the Hyatt hotel - top level , great view and piano bar.

Harbor Cruise - This will get you on the water and at night it is very romantic. But other people are around.

Frederick :

Acacia - Small restaurant in downtown historic Frederick . Very intimate with great food. Crabcakes are excellent.

Mealey's - Downtown New Market - another quaint little town that you could do some shopping and then go for dinner.

Elkridge - A little off the beaten path ( 20 minutes from downtown )

The Elkridge Furnace Inn - A beautiful old country restaurant where we got married. There is a beautiful garden and there are many rooms. Since they have weddings, they have various rooms not usually used for dining. Upstairs they have a bridal suite that they could probably turn into a private dining room for the 2 of you for the night . They are very accomidating and love to plan special events. If you go on their website and call David, I am sure he would help make it special.

Virginia -

There is a beautiful B and B that is far away from everything called The Inn at Vacluse Springs. It has a wonderful breakfast and jacuzi rooms. It is also a member of the Select Registry.

Since this is a huge day for the both of you - make it incredible ! I hope I was some help. If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Thank you both for your great suggestions, and all the work you put into yours Kelly. I actually did it last weekend, and a dinner cruise down the Potomac turned out to be the winner!

Kelly, I'll look into some of your ideas for possible wedding receptions/getaway visits though.

Thanks, and good luck to you all.

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Well Congrats !

I love helping other people plan special events and sharing my own travels, so it was no bother for the suggestions. I am glad the cruise worked for you.

Do keep in mind my list - each of those times is a great memory for us ! I am very lucky b/c my husband loves to do fun/romantic things with me and even after being together over 10 years ( married for 3 ) we still like our " dates ".

As a peice of married advice - always make time for yourselves and do special things for each other - that way you'll never loose that honeymoon feeling !

BTW - We've done some traveling too, so if you're looking for honeymoon advice, just let me know.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

love the cruise idea or look up the clipper ship in the harbor, they do fri and sat cruises. i agree on mc cormick and schmick or try window's.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

The top of Federal Hill or the Fells Point Pier.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic ideas for a place to pop the big question!!!

Maybe the top of Baltimore's Washington Monument? After climbing all those stairs, she'll be too tired to put up a fight?!