We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

I'm hoping someone can help me out with choosing a nice play to go for steak one night while we are in baltimore. We are staying at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront and would like to be able to walk to dinner. My son is going in for surgery the next day so we want him to have a very plesant evening. He's 16 and loves a good steak. thank you!

jck
Baltimore
Level Contributor
248 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

If you require the walking distance....I would go with Capitol Grill on Pratt St. Flemings and Ruth Chris are fairly safe bets also but if I had to choose one...Capitol Grill. The best steakhouse in Baltimore hands down is the Prime Rib.....a 5-10 minute taxi ride from hotel. FYI...Prime Rib requires jacket for dinner.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

You really can't go wrong with any of them. If you want to walk, Flemings is your best bet. have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

The prime rib is a Baltimore Institution. Cap Grill or Ruth's Chris are also excellent. My only complaint with Fleming's is that the room can get very noisy and it is a very expensive place to go and not hear your tablemates conversation.

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

Thank you all. I made reservations at Capitol Grill and I'm sure we'll have a lovely time.

Edited: 27 October 2010, 16:33
jck
Baltimore
Level Contributor
248 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

Good choice. Do yourselves a favor when you visit the Capitol Grill...order the lump crabmeat cocktail appetizer....split it if you have to. It is in my opinion the best thing on the menu...hands down. Very Marylandy!

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

Thank you all! We had a wonderful dinner at Capital Grill and I wouldn't have even known it was there if not for your wonderful people at tripadvisor!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

and we hope that all went well the next day.

8. Re: steak house-flemings, ruth chris or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 05:16