We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near Canden Yards

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near Canden Yards

My family and I are planning on going to a baseball game in August and are looking for a nice place to stay within walking distance of the ball field. ( We don't want to move the car after we get there) Any suggestions?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

You have a lot of choices: basically anything on Pratt St (Renaissance, Hilton, Marriot) or Light St (Hyatt, Intercontinental) would be good for you.

I wouldn't go north of Lombard St or west of the stadium. There's not much for a tourist in these areas. Stay to the east side, closer to the harbor.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

I have to respectfully disagree about not going north of Lombard Street - I prefer Downtown Baltimore/Mount Vernon to the Inner Harbor. I think the area boasts better restaurants and a less touristy feel. But I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.

Since you requested a hotel within walking distance of Camden Yards, that's what I will give you :-)

The Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards recently had a renovation and is quite close to the stadium. Their rates always seem pretty reasonable, but do increase when their are popular teams playing the Orioles (Yankees, Red Sox, etc.):

marriott.com/hotels/…

The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor is a really nice mid-level hotel. It's nicer than most of the HI's I've stayed in and a nice option if you're more budget conscious:

holidayinn.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

all of the hotels in Harbor East are also walking distance in August. And if it is late, then the free circulator bus or a very short taxi ride get you back. There are a number of price ranges there and suite hotels if that helps.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,551 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

There is a Hampton Inn right across the street from the stadium. Make sure you're looking at the Hampton Inn on Washington Blvd, not the one on Redwood Street which is much further away.

Harbor East is a nice area, but given the heat and humidity of August a walk of over a mile to the stadium might not be your choice.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

There are so many choices it is hard to decide. A friend was telling me about Fell's Point? How far is that from the stadium?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,551 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

"How far is that from the stadium?"

Several miles. Not walking distance for most people, especially in August. They do have water taxis to and from Fells Point to the Inner Harbor and then you can walk from there to the stadium.

And the fairly new Circulator bus might be an option for that area too, but will still involve some walking.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 20:17
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Camden Yards a few times, and was very pleased with the room quality and free breakfast. Plus it's easy to get to via light rail from the airport. The location is great both for the stadium and to stroll down to the Inner Harbor.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

Oops...I see that you will have a car. So, disregard my lightrail from the airport remark. You can also use the free Charm City Circulator bus (Orange Route) for a ride to the Inner Harbor and Harbor East from Pratt Street stops.This is the website for more info:

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

The Hyatt Camden Yards or Sheraton Inner Harbor are the closest

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel near Canden Yards

Ok, So we have narrowed it down to the Hyatt or the Mariott water front. Which would be the best choice and do they both have parking on site?