We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

I'm trying to plan a weekend getaway in March for my husband, our 5 yr old and myself before our second baby arrives. I have not been to Baltimore in almost 10yrs so I'm sure alot may have changed. When I went previously we stayed at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It was very nice but felt like we had to walk quite a bit to get to places/things in the inner harbor. This time I was thinking of maybe staying at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace because I thought maybe it was a bit more convenient in walking distance to places. Do you think that is the better choice or should I stay at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront or do you recommend any other hotel that is in the heart of it all?

Also, what would you recommend as "must do" or "must see" things for us to do. We are planning from March 11-13th.

Thanks

Mina

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

The area around the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront - Harbor East - has really been developed in the past few years. The hotel is a relatively easy walk to the Inner Harbor attractions for an adult, but it may feel a bit longer with a little one. The Renaissance is very central and a great choice. In a similar location/price point, you might also want to look into the InterContinental Harbor Court.

There is so much to do in Baltimore and "must-sees" will certainly be different for everyone. With a five year old, I would highly recommend the National Aquarium and the Visionary Arts Museum. Maybe dinner in Little Italy one night as well. I'm sure others will have additional great suggestions. Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
816 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

definitely check out port discovery with your 5-year old

http://www.portdiscovery.org/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

If you like Marriott's, then the one in Harbor East is nice. Also Pier V Hotel is right on the water.

4. Re: Which hotel in Inner Harbor with a 5 yr old???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 14:16