We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

May 19 to 20th I will be taking 8 girls (10 to 13) and 3 adults on a field trip. We are planning on driving from PA to the National Zoo in DC on Saturday. Leaving there and heading to a hotel along the way with a pool and free breakfast. Then doing the Baltimore Aquarium Sunday before heading home.

I'd love some help and suggestions. I'm trying to find hotels along the route because downtown Baltimore is out of our price range. I have $300 for the hotel rooms. We could do 2 suites or 3 rooms.

I'm also looking for some dinner choices on the way from DC to Baltimore. Buffets work well when you have a big group with different tastes.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

Will you be traveling on 95 or 83? White Marsh is a good location off 95. Hunt Valley (or Timonium, Cockeysville) are good choices off 83. Both are near "malls" with many food choices.

Also, you might want to try hotels near the airport (BWI).

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

There are lots of choices near BWI Airport just off the Balto-Washington Expressway (295) or I-95. I recently stayed at the Ramada BWI on a Friday night for $69.oo with a Continental breakfast included. It was quiet and clean and very near to the Arundel Mills mall with plenty of inexpensive food choices. Also a 20 min drive to downtown Baltimore and the Aquarium.

I believe this area is cheaper on weekends than during the week.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

I second the area around BWI - maybe take a look at Hotwire. You might need an indoor pool for May and I don't think Hotwire screens for indoor versus outdoor.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

I also agree with the hotels around BWI. If you stayed in the White Marsh area you would double back to get downtown (although not far).

Here is a listing of hotels in the area: …airporthotelguide.com/airporthotels.html

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
534 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

I just had a look at Columbia Gateway Comfort Inn Suites. It is a fairly new hotel. The reviews were very good - linked from my googlemaps search. It would be easy to get to on your way from DC (RIGHT off the exit for 175 - off I-95). It is about 20 minutes from Baltimore.

6. Re: Help with our Scout trip to Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 10:34