We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to Walk at night

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WP
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to Walk at night

We are stay at Brookshire Suites on East Lombard Street. Plan to attend a couple of Orioles games. Is it safe to walk from the motel to the game. Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to Walk at night

Yes

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to Walk at night

Pfft. Totally safe.

Oh wait.

Are you coming in for the Yankees,Dead Sox or Rays games? If so I need to give you bad information.

Edited: 12 May 2012, 20:36
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to Walk at night

grav

A little humility. Don't get your WS tix yet

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to Walk at night

Hehe, you should be fine, Jerry. There's always a good number of people out and about where you are. A little bit of common sense and you're good to go. But you are in a major metropolitan city so anything can happen. If you're lucky you'll be able to watch it all go down from the other side of the street.

Tampa,Fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to Walk at night

I wondered the same as you, but just got back from Baltimore. We walked all hours of the day and night and I never felt nervous. There were 2 games during my stay and there were always people walking around. There is a pub across the street from the stadium called Pickles thats a gathering spot for the locals, loved the checken wings and the crab pretzel. Was loaded with security personnel near the area. My daughter who lives just advised me that pulling out your cell phone in same areas isnt a good thing for obvious reasons.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,150 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to Walk at night

"My daughter who lives just advised me that pulling out your cell phone in same areas isnt a good thing for obvious reasons."

Ummm..bad reception?

Tampa,Fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe to Walk at night

No, because having a nice cell phone makes you a target for thiefs.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
109 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe to Walk at night

it is safe. plenty of people around. and yes, sometimes expensive phones may get grabbed.

WP
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe to Walk at night

Just got back from the stay in Baltimore. Never felt in danger once. Walked the streets after the ball games and it was great. Had a great time in the city,walking the inner harbor. Listen to the most amazing drummer, have seen in a while. In front of the convention center. Played on gabarge cans, pails, grocery carts. He was amazing. Beautiful city, planning next trip.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
11 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe to Walk at night

We did such a walk- after the game, you'll have plenty of company. It's so nice that there is a sports venue like Oriole Park within walking distance of Downtown. Unlike in New York, where one stadium is in the Bronx, with its rough reputation, and the other is in the middle of nowhere. We also noted a significant police presence between Inner Harbor and Oriole Park. Just remember this IS an American city and, as such, one should always be on the lookout. Overall, though, Baltimore is a much more inviting, friendly town than New York or New Haven.