We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do?.

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do?.

Hi everyone, have just booked flights to come over to Baltimore for 10 days starting May11th. I will be visiting with family and staying with a cousin but who will be working part of my visit.

What i would like to know is, where can I and my 9yr old daughter go visit during the day using public transport.

Not sure yet what area of Baltimore my cousin lives in but think its Westport Area?. We are planning a visit up to NJ to visit other family, so just looking for the odd couple of days my daughter and I will be on our own.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do?.

You can pretty much hit all tourist areas using public transport. Take a look at prior posts and things to do pages. Easier to answer specific questions . State of Maryland and other tourism websites are better for broad brushes.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do?.

Double check to see where your relative lives. Westport is a pretty fringy neighborhood, meaning, it's not a place I'd like to visit after dark. However, it does have its own light rail station which makes it easily accessible from the airport, and to travel into downtown Baltimore.

Things to do with a 9 yo? National Aquarium, Baltimore Zoo, Science Center, B&O Railroad Museum, Fort McHenry, Seadog Cruise, Annapolis, MD, Patapsco State Park...the list goes on and on.

You could also take a MARC or Amtrak train to DC for the day to visit the Smithsonian Museums, monuments, the National Zoo, etc...

There really is an endless amount of things to see and do in the area, and most are doable using mass transit.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do?.

Thank you both very much, I will certainly look up some of those suggestions.

4. Re: Things to do?.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:18