We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative lodging near Tremont Suites?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
424 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative lodging near Tremont Suites?

I'm coming to Baltimore for a work conference in mid-June, and a friend is meeting me there. The conference will be held at the Tremont Suites Hotel downtown.

I've read some lackluster reviews of this hotel, and I'm looking for alternative lodging within walking distance. The Tremont has a "2 Queen Bed Jr. Suite" for $209/night. And, since my job will pay for the price of the conference hotel, I want to spend no more than $250 a night.

I'd like 2 queen beds, a nice/chic place, and--again--it must be an easy walk to the conference center. I'm happy to consider vacation rentals or B&Bs. Any suggestions?

Or any "it's not that bad" comments for the Tremont?

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative lodging near Tremont Suites?

i've stayed at the tremont before, and it's not that bad.. in fact, the suites are pretty roomy. it's an older place which is where the negative reviews are probably coming from. The tremont grand is connected on the other side of the street and I think it might be a little nicer.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
424 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative lodging near Tremont Suites?

Thanks. I guess we'll just book the Tremont. As long as the rooms are clean, it will be fine.

3. Re: Alternative lodging near Tremont Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:19