We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

My husband and I are thinking of going to Baltimore for the first time in September for a week. We enjoy history and culture. We will definitely visit the Air & Space museum and other Smithsonium museums. We also enjoy markets and boating. Any suggestions for places we should visit in the Baltimore/Washington area? We have friends in Owings Mills but will probably stay close to the Harbour - not sure if we'll have a car. Day trips outside are definite possibilities if there are must-see destinations. Thanks for any suggestions :)

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

Annapolis, MD and Fort McHenry in Baltimore spring to mind.

Where are you staying? What kind of restaurants do you like?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

Thanks for those ideas. Not sure yet where we might stay- really just starting to consider the possibility of this trip. For restaurants, we like most types of food - Mexican, Italian, steaks, curry...not big fans of Thai or sushi .

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
327 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

I agree don't miss Annapolis or Naptown as the locals call it. Annapolis has a nice waterfront and lots of history. Don't forget to tour the academy. You will need to hire a car with all your plans.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

I love going to the American Visionary Museum http://www.avam.org/

Both the Orioles and Ravens may be playing depending on what weekend. There may also be a festival of some kind.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

Baltimore Farmer's market on Sunday AM (respect the sellout at noon and come hungry) and Eastern Market in DC on Saturday or Sunday. Waverly Market on Saturday is okay.

Food trucks might be fun in DC as they are not too far from tourist sites (I'm guessing mid week will be better).

You might want to stay in DC when visiting DC and stay in B'More when visiting B'More.

6. Re: Week in Baltimore/Washington area - suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:17