We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Hi! My boyfriend and I (late 30's) are visiting Baltimore, for the 1st time, the last weekend in Sept. We have tickets for the Saturday night game, but have Thurs, Fri & Sun to fill up. Any suggestions on good bars/restaurants, music (rock/metal), attractions (not interested in arts/museums), day trips? We're staying approximately 4 miles from Camden Yards.

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
870 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

4 miles away from the Yard? Where are you staying?

Looking to fill your days and nights?

What are you wanting to do for food?

Not into arts and museums...what do you like?

You have a good block of time to rock our Baltimore.

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Hi - looking to fill both days & nights. All food is great, although no high priced stuffy atmosphere's - we're more into grabbing burgers at a high top in a sports bar. We like outdoor stuff (sports, hiking), crowd watching - I've read Fell's Point is cool to walk around? Staying at a Best Western. We're pretty laid back, not into dressing up and not into the night clubs - prefer a cool bar. Thanks!

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Sounds like fells point is your kind of scene, some options there are max's taphouse for their huge beer list, koopers tavern for burgers, and cats eye pub and the horse you came in on saloon for live music. There are also a number of bars in canton, I really like mama's on the half shell for their food. I would guess federal hill may skew slightly younger than you would like, and you probably want to avoid power plant live as that is more of a "club" scene.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

I think Fells Point or canton are where you are looking to go at night. I love Mama's on the Half Shell and in Fells Point there is a quirky bar called One Eyed Mikes with good food that we like to go to.

You may also want to consider the Aquarium - even if you do not like museums this might interest you. Friday would be the quietest day.

Trawler Fest is that weekend - not sure if you are into boats , and I have never attended this before, but it looks interesting. There is a day pass for $15.

passagemaker.com/events/…

The Charm City Circulator is a free bus that goes around the downtown area so think about using this to get to other places: http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

Once you narrow your choices down let us know if you have other questions.

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!! It is greatly appreciated!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
870 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Fells Pt and Canton. When you say you're staying at the Best Western I'm guessing it's the one near the travel plaza on the east side of town. You'll have to travel a bit to get out of that area and into Canton or Fells but those are the cool spots near you. Fells is good for walking around by the water, pub crawlin', site seein', people watchin', good timin'.

Weather should be nice for hanging out.

Max's for a thousand beers, Cat's Eye for great Baltimore blues jams. It's one of the few old Baltimore hold outs. Soundgarden if ya like cool record shops.

You can also hop the water taxi and cruise the harbor and hit other spots to check out.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

I definitely agree with the recommendations in this thread. Have done it multiple times for the Red Sox series including when a certain LF hit #500 in Baltimore.

1 site that I would recommend is Ft McHenry via the water taxi from the Inner Harbor.

Enjoy Baltimore - fun city and great people. I'll be there in September for 1 night - unfortunately its a Yankees game. May wear my Sox hat and really confuse people...

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

How about wearing an O's hat and confuse your self even more?

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

We do plan on being O's fans for one of the games! Thanks everyone!!!!

Alton Bay, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late Sept Orioles vs. Sox

Does anyone know if the Science Center is mainly for kids?