We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
Level Contributor
184 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

Hi

Where is the best area to stay to get a good hotel rate but be easily drivable to Inner Habour.

Or are there any hidden gems.......most of the downtown hotels are quite expensive when you add on the parking fees

Thanks

Roscoe

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

If you want to be near the Inner Harbor but not in the giant body storage chain hotels you can look in Mt. Vernon. It's about 10 blocks north of the Inner Harbor and has more of the neighborhood charm that you don't get in the harbor. If you are looking for hidden gems you will find them there. Hotels rates are similar to downtown though.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

I stayed in Mt Vernon at the Mt Vernon Hotel last week. I paid around $80/night. There was a parking deck across from the hotel on Franklin St that was $10 per 24-hr period, though I saved myself a day because the meters outside the hotel weren't enforced from 6pm Saturday through Sunday night. I am not going to say it's easy walking distance to Inner Harbor, but with the Charm City Circulator's free bus service that didn't matter much to me and maybe it might not to you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

I agree, and the Mt.Vernon Hotel is one of those old turn of the century hotels and close to a lot of cultural/arts/museums in town. Quick charm city circulator can take you to and from the Inner Harbor no problem

South Amboy, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

we stayed at the radission lord baltimore 3 blocks to inner harbor we did not use the car at all did alot of walking there are of buses and water taxi to take you around

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

There are a lot of motels around the airport area that will be only a short drive to the Inner Harbor. They will be less expensive than downtown.

6. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 03:35
7. Re: Place to stay at reasonable rates & drive to Inner Harbour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:18