We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

My husband and I have 2 reservations for Laboy Day weekend: The Marriott and the Admiral Fell Inn (same price at both hotels). I am leaning towards that Admiral Fell Inn but I'm concerned that it will be noisy and small. At the Marriott I'll know what to expect and the location is central but there is no charm. Will I be disappoint at AFI. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

Main thought is that will be Grand Prix weekend so the farther you are from the IH the quieter it may be (people and cars) so Admiral Fell might work.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

Never stayed at AFI but if those were my choices, I always go with ambiance and as was stated, it will be crazy around the IH that weekend

Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

Thanks for the Heads Up....AFI is looking a lot more attractive.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,947 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

I haven't stayed at either but have walked by both a number of times ----- my thought is this: You can stay in a Marriott any old time anywhere. How often would you get a chance to stay at the Admiral Fell Inn? If I could afford to stay at AFI, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Marriott? Ho-hum. JMO.

Have fun.

Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

Thanks, after reading these comments and hearing about the Grand Prix I am cancelling my reservations at the Marriott and staying in Fells Point.

6. Re: Marriott vs Admiral Fell Inn for labor day weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 07:19