We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway

Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic getaway

Planning a trip to Baltimore in mid-November. My husband has a class, but then we want to spend a few days for a romantic getaway. What can you recommend? What kind of weather should we expect?

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic getaway

Mid November is cool ( Jeans weather) but it can also be rainy and breezy so check back closer to when you arrive.

What area is the class in? Many are near the Inner Harbor area and that is usually a good place to stay. You could think a bout getting something special ordered for the room to fill the romantic part.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic getaway

How fun! In terms of romantic dinners, i like Black Olive in Fells Point - small rowhome style restaurant where you can choose your own fish out of the case, really good... also love Pazo for a more trendy option in Harbor East... and Tio Pepe in Mt Vernon is also a classic. if you go the Fells route, there is a cute little wine bar on the water called V-No. I like to start there on date nights and then walk to some of the nearby pubs to listen to live music and have some drinks. If you can share a little more about your interests, i'm sure people on here can give you some more specific recommendations.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
654 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic getaway

Are you asking about places to stay also or just suggestions on what to do and where to eat?

Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic getaway

The class in Fulton. I am looking for things to do. My husband really likes history and would be interested in taking in some historical sites. I am also looking for romantic spots outdoors if the weather is Ok. I love the outdoors, especially the water. I also love dancing. The pubs sound fun as well with live music. We both really like good live music. Thanks for your help.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic getaway

you're actually in between baltimore and DC, so you could go either direction. if you rent a car, you could also consider Harpers Ferry (1 hr) or Skyline drive (2 hrs). Both super romantic and fit your outdoors requirement. Annapolis is also very quaint and fun... that's my go-to for quick getaways with my husband.

If you want to stick with Plan A, there are some historical spots. Ft McHenry is on the water and a good place for a picnic if you get lucky with a warm fall day (where Francis Scott Key wrote the national anthem). Fells Point is a really cute historical neighborhood with cobblestone streets. Lots of Edgar Allen Poe stuff, gravesite and old house (just note that the house is in a sketchy neighborhood)... I'm sure others on here can give you more scoop. For lodging, i think Henderson's Wharf is pretty romantic, and also have a Four Seasons now if you really want to do it up :)

6. Re: Romantic getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 October 2013, 12:20
Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic getaway

If by "romantic getaway" you mean you'll be ready to get out of Baltimore, these would be my suggestions for combinations of romantic, history, music, water, and proximity or interesting routes there: Annapolis, Harper's Ferry, Rehoboth (could continue by ferry to Cape May NJ), NPS C&O canal path lockhouse rental, Georgetown (DC), Occoquan VA, Drive to Charlottesville, VA via Skyline Drive, maybe spending a night in a park cabin. History (Monticello) and great music scene (Dave Matthews' stomping grounds). But Annapolis would probably be the best choice overall.

8. Re: Romantic getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Baltimore