We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do by yourself in the evening

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do by yourself in the evening

In November I will be spending a week in Baltimore for work. I will have dinner with colleagues one or maybe two evenings but am wondering if people have suggestions for what I can do on the other evenings (apart from use the hotel gym or watch TV...). If I am dining alone I probably won't want to linger in restaurants and don't really want to go to bars by myself. I wondered if there is a big shopping mall with shops that are open late? (I am staying at the Renaissance Harborplace, and there does seem to be a shopping centre there - the Gallery - which is open until 9pm but it seems to be mainly restaurants with just a few shops. Is there anywhere else good to go, or do any tourist attractions have late openings? Just wondered if anyone had any good suggestions. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Renaissance Baltimore...
1,888 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

Thursday evenings at the Walters: thewalters.org/events/eventdetails.aspx…

Friday night after five at the aquarium.

Window or actual shopping in Fells and maybe Hampden (I think most places will be closing around 7 but still a great neighborhood - google Hampden the avenue for more ideas).

A bundled up walk along the harbor, a canoli at Vaccaro's in Little Italy and shopping at Inner Harbor are a few other ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Hampden
Hampden
189 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
Little Italy
Little Italy
399 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,125 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

Look into the theaters. Hippodrome, Centerstage, Fells Point Corner Theater...

Mentioned in this post
Fell's Point
Fell's Point
2,462 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

There's a good art house movie theater called The Charles in Mt. Vernon.

http://www.thecharles.com/

You can get there on the free circulator bus.

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

Closer to the harbor, the Landmark theater is in Harbor East and shows more Hollywood-style movies with some award contenders in the fall and winter. It also has a bar. And the Charles allows you to bring in drinks from Tapas Teatro next door.

You may also want to consider the Visionary Art Museum

avam.org/stuff-everyone-asks/hours-and-direc…

And don't be afraid to hang at a bar in Baltimore by yourself. Strike up a conversation. We're a friendly and talkative city.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

Thanks for the suggestions! My boyfriend will be joining me on Thursday so I will spend that evening and Friday with him anyway - and I've actually got a business dinner on Weds so have just realised that only leaves me Monday and Tuesday! I won't make it to the visionary art museum after work as it shuts at 6 but I will check out the other areas, thanks.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

You don't even have to go outside to shop, you can get into the mall directly from your hotel. It's not amazing, but they have some of the normal mall stores, Banana Republic, Ann taylor, the trendy shops, etc... H&M across the street in the Harborplace complex. Or you can walk outside, turn left and there is a Marshalls a block or two down. It's new and never picked over.

The other day, you could take a cab over to Fells Point and there are lots of cool little boutiques. Harbor East is also very close, and has a mac, the new under armour store, South Moon Under, and some other high end shops.

have fun!

Edited: 24 October 2013, 15:25
Mentioned in this post
Fell's Point
Fell's Point
2,462 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
6. Re: Things to do by yourself in the evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18