We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An afternoon in Baltimore

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
An afternoon in Baltimore

I am taking my parents to DC overnight from Philadelphia. I think it'd be nice to stop in Baltimore on the drive back. What is a must see place I should take them? And where is a good spot to eat great food for a late lunch or early dinner?

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

walk around the harbor. great expensive food... great bar food... great seafood... great italian...?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

Fort McHenry is your must see (assuming your American and have a heart) - have lunch at LP Steamers if you want seafood in a local place that's not too far.

Walk around the Inner harbor if you have time or just enjoy the view from the top of federal Hill (maybe grab food at Mr. Rain's Funhouse at the AVAM - don't miss the gift shop). Lots of option in Federal Hill for food including Cross Street Market (love the taco place) that won't be overun with tourists.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

Inner harbor is the main tourist area, so that's always a good starting point. the main attractions are the aquarium and science center... all of the water activities would be closed this time of year. you could also go to Fells Point. Cute little neighborhood on the water with cobblestone streets and tons of little pubs, shops and restaurants. have fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

Thanks for your ideas guys! I might do fell's point or fort mchenry as inner harbor is a little too touristy for me. :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

If you choose Ft.McHenry, a nice choice for lunch is the Wine Market located on Fort ave. about a mile or so from the Fort. Restaurant located in old foundry has nice ambiance and good dishes... Fresh ingredients and interesting choices, also good wines if you like. (see web site for more info). We go there often. Have a good short time here.

6. Re: An afternoon in Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Baltimore