We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where To Stay

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if you could give me some information. Thinking of planning a trip toBaltimore in June 2014 for a baseball game. Group consists of 5 girls, late twenties, and will be visiting from Boston. None of us have ever been to Baltimore in the past, and we are looking for some help!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any hotels in Baltimore within walking distance of the stadium, bars, or good resturants. Hotel needs to be clean, and not complain too much about drunk girls coming in late from a night out. Should be in a safe area of city and near transportation

Clearly this is very far in advance. However, any resturants/tours/bars that are must sees? Also, any recommendation on how to get to the stadium - taxi, train, or bus?

Thank you for the input in advance!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay

You can walk to the stadium from any number of downtown hotels. I would recommend starting with a look at google maps or similar to see which hotels are near Camden Yards. I could start with a random list but I'm afraid I'd leave something out.

Then you can look at your actual dates and see what makes sense for you. If you're coming down for a Red Sox game, especially if it's a weekend, you should book something soon.

You have a busy year planned - good for you to have such a tight group of girls taking all these trips! Baltimore, Miami, Savannah and New Orleans!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay

Plenty of hotels close to the stadium...Hampton Inn and Hilton a long fly ball from the stadium...Sheraton and Holiday Inn not too much further away. More choices around Inner Harbor which is within walking distance.

Pickles before/after game...head over to Federal Hill or Fells Point for plenty of bars and nightlife. Be sure to take cabs after dark, use your head, and don't get completely plastered.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay

where to eat- restaurant pages

where to stay- lodiging pages

best bars- walk around fells point and federal hill area

looking for a place that won't be upset when drunk girls come in. well, suggest that you stumble in quietly without puking on nice carpets and should be fine anywhere.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay

Don't wait too long. Sox fans flock down here to Fenway South and hotels fill up.

Most hotels in Inner Harbor are swank. We cater well to loud drunk girls from Boston. Hehe. Usually, during the Sox series the Hilton is almost all Sox Nation and it's a pretty big Sox crowd before and after the game.

For late 20's gals you might like Federal Hill. It's just south of the ball park and easy to get around.

Much of what you will want can be gotten to by foot or the free Charm City Circulator. http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay

Since the Red Sox are in town for evening games midweek in June (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday), you should not have as difficult a time finding a hotel as you might over a weekend. Unless you are looking for something nicer, I would just stay at one of the properties in the Inner Harbor area or in Harbor East. There is now a decent number of recently opened new properties in those two areas (including several Marriott and Hilton affiliates), and you should not have a problem finding something reasonably priced in a decent area. If you want something next door to the stadium itself, take a look at the Hilton or Hampton Inn that are adjacent.

For nightlife and restaurant recommendations, I would echo the Federal Hill and Fell's Point suggestions. There are also some new and fun spots in Harbor East, which is between the Inner Harbor and Fell's. Whether you decide to bar hop in the day or check out the National Aquarium or Fort McHenry or take the water taxi, you won't have a tough time filling up your afternoons.

If you ladies are big baseball fans, you might also consider visiting the Babe Ruth birthplace or taking a tour of the stadium.

6. Re: Where To Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:17