We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

I am planning a trip to Baltimore and Washington during my kids' spring break. We would like to take in a couple baseball games, O's and Nats, and check out the aquarium and museums in Washington.

The O's have a game on Wed, 4/16 @ 12:35 (the leave town after the game) and the Nats have a game the following day at 7:05. We will hit the aquarium on Thursday and head to Washington for the game later in the day.

It's about a 5 hour drive from home, so I am thinking of driving in on Tuesday evening, arriving between 7 and 8 in the evening.

What sort of activities are available for families (kids aged 9-11) on a Wednesday evening in Baltimore?

We're also interested in a reasonably priced hotel ($175 or less) with an indoor pool in the area. Inner Harbor would be nice. Any ideas?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

Weather permitting, I would just walk around inner harbor after a long drive. Too late for fort McHenry .

Maybe walk up federal hill for view. Dinner in cross street market area.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
90 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

Agreed. Not many "kid activities" in any city at that hour. Depending on where you stay, I would plan a route to take the water taxi to the Inner Harbor and then walk back, if the weather's good. That gets you a nice cheap boat trip, and you get to see things without passing the same things twice.

If the weather's bad, there is a movie theater in Harbor East. (Look for Landmark Cinemas.) I'd hate to have you drive all the way to Baltimore for a movie, but sometimes with kids that's the best bet.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

I'm guessing the Bengies won't be open on a Wensday in April but you never know.

http://www.bengies.com/NowShowing.php

Otherwise, a walk around Fells or the Inner Harbor is as good of an idea as any other but do try to get to Federal Hill for a great view of the city.

Lots of hotel options in Inner Harbor (easy walk to Camden yards) or Harbor East that might have an indoor pool.

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

#1 had the answer but mis-read the timing. For your Wednesday evening after the Os' day game, Fort McHenry and http://baberuthmuseum.org/ .

5. Re: Evening Family Activities in Baltimore or Close By

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 06:23