We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

Flying into BWI on Saturday, 8/9 and checking into the Westin airport. Meeting a group of friends for a 4:05pm baseball game that afternoon and wondered what was the quickest/easiest/and reasonably priced way to get to the stadium at Camden Yards. I'll have to meet them at the front gates at 3pm to get my ticket

I arrive at 11:13 am and hope for an early check-in. If not, I hope they can store my bags until later that evening.

TIA!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

True, but seeing as how the Light Rail, while inexpensive, might be a bit of a hassle, especially trying to get to the stadium on a Saturday afternoon/evening in a timely manner, it might be a more viable option

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

I'm not sure when these other folks rode the light rail, but we do it all the time to go to the ballpark. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes from North Lithicum, so from BWI its about 25 minutes. If there is trackwork or something that causes single tracking, yes, it takes longer. But that is the exception, not the rule.

Here's the deal. From and to the airport the BWI trains run every 30 minutes.

You could take a taxi to the Lithicum stop where trains from both BWI and Cromwell pass. Its not that long a taxi ride from BWI. A train will come by every 10 to 20 minutes on a Saturday.

On your return trip make sure you take a train going to BWI or if you get on a Cromwell train, get off at Lithicum.

Another tip: after the game walk north a couple blocks to the Covention Center stop to catch a southbound train.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

It's been almost 2 years (last game of the season in 2012 ---- 9/30/12 to watch Baltimore get into the playoffs, after the game was over with the Red Sox) since I've ridden LR to Camden Yards but I've done it from BWI hotels/shuttles (not just to the park but to downtown or IH) about 35+ times, so it wasn't a one-time-only fluke when I say it can take awhile.

A cab is more efficient, if you're in a hurry.

14. Re: Easiest way to get from Westin BWI to Orioles Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:17