We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

I've narrowed it down to these two hotels for a one night stay pre-cruise next February on the Grandeur of the Seas. It will come down to pricing I suppose. Is one nicer than the other based on your experience?

Jonathan

Baltimore
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Pros for the Hyatt: Close to the Harbor, easier to get the cruise port

Pros for the Marriott: Close to Fells Point and other neighborhoods and is more lively

The hotels are about the same quality so it depends on price and the above things I mentioned.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Thanks for the prompt reply Kovi. How much closer is the Hyatt to the pier, a few minutes or several miles? That's a big consideration. Probably leaning Hyatt now, thanks again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

The MW is on the water in harbor east a new hip area of baltimore. HR is across the street from the water at the Inner Harbor. They are about a mile apart so getting to cruiseport is insignificant issue. You have already spent too much time agonizing over a hotel that you will spend a nominal amount of time at.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Thanks for the reply Neslaw. Actually, I enjoy doing this research and reading about different hotels, perhaps to some it's agonizing to me it's quite exciting.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Baltimore, like other major cities, has a lot of 1 way streets. The Hyatt is on Light St and is a straight shot to the cruise port. The Marriott is in Harbor East and requires you to go up President and then Lombard before you past the Hyatt. Sounds simple, but in rush hour President and Lombard are often log jammed -- so just an FYI if your cruise is during the week.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Thank You very much Kovi for the detailed response. That's a big difference, will definitely plan on staying at the Hyatt Regency. I Googled Mapped too and the drive to the port from the Hyatt was only about 4 minutes compared to 15 for the Marriott.

Jonathan

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

But in February, there is little going on around Hyatt versus the harbor east area with a ton of great restaurants you could walk to. And does 10 minutes make that big a difference. It really is splitting hairs. Enjoy your stay and cruise.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

Good point Neslaw, it comes down to pricing, Hyatt looks more appealing at this point.

9. Re: Marriott Waterfront vs. Hyatt Regency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16